Communication Specialists Cover Letter
Communication Specialist Cover Letter
Communication Specialists deliver messages on behalf of an organization and work to influence public perception in a positive manner. Those interested in a Communication Specialist position should be able to complete the following tasks: performing research, responding to media inquiries, writing press releases, tracking company mentions in the mass-media, advising the management team, organizing news conferences, taking action in cases of communication crisis, and fostering brand awareness.
Based on our collection of cover letter samples for Communication Specialist, the most sought-after skills for the job are:
- Public relations experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An interest in current affairs
- Tact and diplomacy
- Time management
- Multitasking and work prioritization
- Computer competencies
- Good writing skills and creativity
The example cover letter below displays comparable Communication Specialist job qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Communication Specialist Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Rodriguez:
Upon review of your posting for a Communication Specialist, I hastened to submit the enclosed resume for your consideration. As an accomplished and enthusiastic communications professional with experience managing internal and external corporate marketing efforts and public relations functions, I am positioned to vastly exceed your expectations for this role.
From developing marketing communications and collateral and writing articles for print and online media sources to overseeing press release deliveries and serving as an effective media liaison, I excel at generating effective and positive organizational exposure and enabling the success of dynamic marketing campaigns. With the capacity to employ persuasive communication skills to influence public perceptions and my proven history of develop trusting and lasting key media relationships, I am prepared to substantially impact the success of your organization.
Highlights of my experience include the following…
- Coordinating marketing communications operations, including press releases, brochures, websites, presentations, newsletters, and blogs while developing and implementing strategic communication programs to drive customer acquisition and retention efforts.
- Coaching and mentoring developing writers, providing them with constructive feedback and helping to improve the quality of their communications.
- Copywriting and editing a variety of external-focused materials while ensuring brand consistency throughout messaging vehicles.
- Demonstrating complementary expertise in social media channels and vehicles to accelerate brand exposure and customer engagement.
- Possessing outstanding verbal and written communication skills while thriving in deadline-driven, fast-paced environments.
With my expertise in managing corporate communications programs, along with my ability to forge solid media relationships, I am positioned to significantly benefit your team. I look forward to discussing the position and my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Melissa J. Johnson
123 Main Street, Stateland, ST, 99999
(555) 123-9876 email@example.com
November 7, 2013
Wood Group/TurboCare Joint Venture
15 Justice Mill Lane
Aberdeen, UK AB11 6EQ
+44 7909 527 824
RE: Marketing Communications Senior Manager Position
Dear Ms. Elder,
I have grown a successful marketing and communications management career around my ability to assess comprehensive needs of various key accounts and organizations before implementing an innovative strategic plan to increase revenue and penetrate new and appropriate markets. Whether fostering strategic partnerships with internal and external partners, clients, and diverse audiences, I have always delivered strong, sustainable results. I bring to your joint venture a unique depth and diversity of talent – from media relations to global, digital, and direct marketing campaigns. I also have specific experience in communications with Independent Service Providers, including start-up joint ventures.
My career is highlighted by consistent success at improving brand visibility and recognition as well as ensuring all marketing deliverables are continuously integrated with media messages to optimize assets. This experience is complemented by exceptional business acumen and proven success designing customized marketing plans for each client. I am particularly adept at planning and executing turnkey trade shows and technical seminars, developing business, and leading cross-functionally yielding company-wide satisfaction.
Noteworthy achievements include:
- Contributed to increased product line revenue from $400M to $1.6B during tenure.
- Spearheaded development and direction of 20+ annual customer facing conferences, vendor fairs, regional meetings, and webinars for gas, steam, and generator service business.
- Designed, published, and distributed worldwide energy sector service communication collateral.
- Instrumental to achievement of $250M over first year combined network sales goals, growing nearly $400M in year two in an independent service provider entrepreneurial business unit.
This is merely a sample of the impact I bring to all of my professional engagements. I am confident I can deliver outstanding results as a member of your team as well. I would welcome an opportunity to meet with you and further discuss the value I bring.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you soon.