Excellent Cover Letter Marketing
Sample cover letter for a marketing manager
The best way to market yourself is with a top notch cover letter.
Use your marketing skills on your best client: you.
Are you an ace when it comes to marketing products and services, but stuck when promoting yourself for marketing manager jobs? Get inspiration by viewing this marketing cover letter sample below.
If you need additional writing tips, join Monster today, so the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you impress employers with a high-impact resume for jobs in marketing.
15 Park Way
Sometown, CA 55555
Home: 555-555-5555 | Cell: 444-444-4444
Available to Relocate
Feb. 28, 2017
Ms. Janet Ramos
1515 Market St.
Sometown, CA 55555
Re: Marketing manager position advertised on Monster.com
Dear Ms. Ramos:
I read your advertisement for a marketing manager with great interest. If you are seeking to augment your leadership team with an experienced and accomplished marketing professional known for breakthrough results, please consider my enclosed resume.
As JKL Company’s marketing manager since 2015, I direct all phases of both the creative and technical elements of marketing initiatives including data mining, brand creation, print/Web collateral development, lead generation, channel partner cultivation, customer segmentation/profiling, as well as CRM and acquisition strategies.
Perhaps most importantly, I offer a history of proven results, as evidenced by the following marketing accomplishments for my current employer:
- Captured a 28% expansion in customer base since 2015, achieved during a period of overall decline in the retail industry.
- Led national marketing campaign (comprised of trade show, media and PR initiatives) of company’s newly launched technology services division.
- Developed and executed SEO strategy that achieved and sustained top 3 rankings on Google and Bing (organic, nonpaid results) for key product search terms.
- Oversaw creation of new company logo and rebranded 100+ products to cement a cohesive corporate identity and support new company direction.
Given the opportunity, I’m confident in my ability to achieve similar groundbreaking marketing results for XYZ Company.
Ms. Ramos, I would welcome the chance to discuss your marketing objectives and ways I can help you attain them. Feel free to call me at 555-555-5555 to arrange a meeting. I look forward to speaking with you.
See all sample cover letters on Monster.
Marketing Job Seeking Tips
Its important to take time to prepare a strong cover letter that can connect with hiring managers and sell you as the right choice for the job. Regardless of your intended position or field, there are a few basic rules to writing a quality cover letter. Here are some dos and donts to help create a cover letter that works.
1. Do toot your own horn. Your goal is to make an indelibly positive impact, so dont be afraid to be your own cheerleader. Assertively demonstrate how youve distinguished yourself in your career.
2. Dont include salary information. This could be seen as amateurish and unprofessional, and may harm your ability to negotiate a better salary when youre offered jobs in Marketing.
3. Do give your cover letter strong focus. Hiring managers get a lot of applications. Your cover letter needs to get to the point, answering the vital questions of who you are, what you can do and why you should get the job.
4. Dont include controversial details like your political or religious affiliations. Avoid mentioning memberships or awards that may inadvertently reveal such information.
5. Do polish your work. Grammar and spelling are crucial to making a good impression. You dont want your cover letter to raise questions about the kind of employee you would be.